FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 15, 2020
Contact: David Dunsmore (907)278-8000 (headquarters) or (907)830-4288 (cell)
A diverse group of 11 labor unions representing working families across Alaska’s economy have endorsed Ballot Measure 1, Alaska’s Fair Share. Their endorsements will be announced in newspaper ads to run across Alaska on Sunday. These unions represent thousands of working Alaskans, both private sector and public sector, blue collar and white collar, from all across the state.
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters Local 1243
- International Union of Painters and Allied Trades Union Local 1959
- Alaska State Employees Association/AFSCME Local 52
- Alaska Public Employees Association/AFT
- Supervisory Unit Local 4900
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 1547
- Inland Boatmen’s Union of the Pacific
- Ironworkers Local 751
- Plumbers & Steamfitters Local 367
- Unite Here! Local 878
- International Organization of Master Mates and Pilots
“We’re honored to have the support from these unions and the hard working Alaskans they represent,” campaign manager David Dunsmore said. “Alaska’s working families have been hit hard by Alaska’s oil production revenue crisis and Ballot Measure 1 will provide the revenue we need to save jobs and fund infrastructure projects.”
Ballot Measure 1 would increase Alaska’s share of production revenue only from Alaska’s three largest and most profitable oil fields. It would end the shroud of secrecy and make company profits on these fields public information so it can no longer be hidden. Alaska’s Fair Share will be decided by voters in the November 3 election.
For additional information contact campaign manager David Dunsmore at (907)278-8000 (headquarters) or (907)830-4288 (cell). Learn more.